Friday 14 June 2024

Mystery Buildings at Waterloo

 Having studied the Battle of Waterloo for many years it seems almost impossible to believe that there could be an aspect of the battle that you have never previously noticed.

But in studying the eastern end of the Allied line, I have noticed something new and am surprised that it has gone unnoticed in any report that I have read.  Maybe I am being stupid and I would welcome anyone who can help enlighten me.  Let me explain...













Given this visual evidence, can anyone provide information on what happened to these buildings during the battle?  Were they defended by the Nassauers? were they attacked by Durutte? were they successfully defended or were they taken?

I will ask permission of the National Army Museum for close ups of the model so that we can construct appropriate models.



3 comments:

  1. A fascinating new chapter/possibility! Very eager to see what else you turn up and produce as a result.

    Kind Regards,

    Stokes
    (Michigan, USA)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pick-up. Given the surrounding 'grounds' I'd hazard they are more than sheds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks too both of you!

    ReplyDelete